Sunday, January 25, 2009

Welcome, one and all!

Hey!

Well, seeing as I'm not entirely certain as to who it is I'm addressing, a generalized hello is really all I can give.




It sounds very silly, but I've no one left to talk to but myself at this point.

Typing to myself with the very small possibility that others may in fact see my words, seems less neurotic than having a full-on conversation with myself.

I've run out of things to be happy about.
It may seem like a dramatization, but it's so very true.

Fleeting happiness is not enough to keep a human being sustained; there needs to be some sort of assured excitement, and every sort of happiness I've felt lately is transient.

Is it too much to ask for a bit of stability, that something I've held familiar for so long can stay familiar? The way the world works, obviously not. I've been through some change, but it is not until now that I realize how difficult it is to change.

Along with the new Presidency, I know things are going to change.

But on a personal level, why can't things remain familiar?
It seems like all that I know is slipping away...

No comments:

Post a Comment