Monday, March 2, 2009

In Medias Res

It was a really nice day today.
Snowy, no school, woke up in Felipe's new house.
Overall, I'm quite content with today!
Unusual, but I'm not going to complain, as I've always been one to take what I can get.

So, the annual assault of standardized testing is close on the horizon.
Lovely.
The only solace I can find in taking these tests is that I am easily able to aggravate the grader.
If I'm being forced to spend hours taking this test, you'd better take a good look at my answers, dammit!
That's why this time around, I'm taking a leaf out of my good friend Felipe's book and taking the picture prompt they always have us write, (aren't the tests supposed to vary?), and twisting it.
Though not quite in the way he did; I am going to mess with the grader's heads.
I dare not mention it here, as I'm sure there have been these types of, conspiracies, if you will, to piss graders off.
Let's just say they're in for it this year.
Of course I won't bomb the test! My educational career is (or at least they say it is) at stake here! I'll cleverly work my black magic into my oh-so-creative and grammatically correct writing.
I just won't tell you how I'm going to do it.

With that rant behind me, I move to my next topic of interest. Or disinterest. Call it what you will.

I've been a confused little boy lately.
I'm usually the type to easily work my feelings out on a situation.
Unfortunately, this time that's not quite the case...
My heart is trying to travel down two different paths. Cheesy, yes, but also true.
I'm unsure about my feelings toward two different people. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, as I'm adept at working out my feelings.
But this situation just seems not to want to be worked out, and the more I lean toward one person, the more the feelings for the other seem to trouble me.
Tug of war is a terrible game to play, in both the physical and emotional sense.

Seeing as it's quite late, I'm hitting the sack now.
19 more days until spring begins!

"Call me insane, call me irrational, call me impossible. Just don't call me tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment